The Cards Theme has been updated to support “Reading Time” on posts that take longer than 1 minute to read.
This option will appear when you upgrade to v1.1.5 in the Micro.blog Plugins.
There is a known issue with Micro.blog where your plugin settings will be overwritten when you update the plugin. Here are instructions if you want to save your current settings.
- Open Design > Cards Theme > and open the config.json file.
- Copy the content, then go back to the plugin settings.
- Update the plugin.
- Go back to Design >Cards Theme > and open the config.json file.
- Paste the content you copied earlier. This will overwrite the default settings with your custom settings.
- Save the Template.
- Go back to the plugin settings to enable the Reading Time feature.
This new setting in your plugin settings is disabled by default. Turn it on, and the Reading Time will appear below the date, but only if the post is longer than 1 minute.
If you don’t use the Cards Theme but want to add Reading Time to your existing template, here are the instructions.